Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Accessory in the “Final Fantasy XI Players' Collection” Line Now on Sale! (08/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First Accessory in the “Final Fantasy XI Players' Collection” Line Now on Sale! (

Why are people so pissed that a free item that does a neat trick has a long recast? They're not asking you to buy the in-game item, they're selling a real life, specially made pendant and giving the in game item as a freebie. If you're going to buy it you should buy it because you like the pendant, not because you wanted an easy way to warp between cities.
    "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Re: First Accessory in the “Final Fantasy XI Players' Collection” Line Now on Sale! (

Oh 40 hours? I'm fine with that. I was thinking some insane recast like a week.
      Originally posted by Feba
      But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
      Originally posted by Taskmage
      God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
      Originally posted by DakAttack
      ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ziero View Post
        Why are people so pissed that a free item that does a neat trick has a long recast? They're not asking you to buy the in-game item, they're selling a real life, specially made pendant and giving the in game item as a freebie. If you're going to buy it you should buy it because you like the pendant, not because you wanted an easy way to warp between cities.
        Truly the voice of reason.
        Originally posted by Armando
        No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
        Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
        GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
        However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
        Matthew 16:15

Comment

They're not asking you to buy the in-game item,
          Frankly, this is bullshit. You do not introduce entirely new items to the game, artifacts which kinda sorta MIGHT be something from some art piece related to the game, and sell a very cheaply manufactured pendant which looks enough like a silver plated turd that nobody is actually going to wear it, much less like it. It's very, very thinly veiled RMT. If it hadn't been, the in game item wouldn't have had any sort of ability beyond something novel. And before someone says that there are quick ways to get around, yes, of course. But not quicker. Warps will never be 'novel', unless SE greatly overhauls transportation.

For the record though, my comment wasn't meant as "40 hours is too long", it's meant as "Who the hell chooses 40 as a number for a timer"; as in, why not 24, 36, 48, 50, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
            It's very, very thinly veiled RMT.
            Does it really matter if all S-E is "RMT'ing" us is an item that's absolutely useless except for once every 5/3 days, when it is only mostly useless?

To be perfectly honest, the best/worst thing that can possibly come from this are all the inevitable doujins involving:

. . . the ability to project phantasmal robes over the wearer's body . . .
            Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
            GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow Mage View Post
              Does it really matter if all S-E is "RMT'ing" us is an item that's absolutely useless except for once every 5/3 days, when it is only mostly useless?
              Considering they're likely (This is the only item they've given ANY information on, and one of only TWO that they've even named) testing the water to see how people would reply to selling in game items in general? Yes.

This is probably SE's way of testing the waters for more RMT as a way to squeeze money out of FFXI. If people dislike it, they don't need to include them in the new items, or even bother making and releasing them. If it's a success, they could very well take it farther.

Comment

Fuck it, SE should just start sellng gil. A lot of people would buy it because farming fucking sucks, and it would put the RMT out of business. Win-win.

I'm only half kidding.
                sigpic
                ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Thats a good idea, then maybe they can hire more staff, so it doesn't take 6 months to get your account back. Or maybe they can acctually fund an expantion that is the least bit worthwhile. Or maybe they can just make a whole new game because FFXI is FUBAR.

sig courtesy tgm
                  retired -08

Comment

When a product doesn't please me, I might just say why it doesn't please me, and in this case, the product itself is ugly, and the bonus gift is worthless seeing as one can get to any of those places very easily nowadays.

So yeh.
                    signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

I noticed on the video on this that the player who has the necklace has a different type of body armor than normal, and you can clearly see a necklace glowing in the center of their chest.

Does the necklace force you to wear a different type of body armor or does it unequip your body armor for that brown body armor?

The video is on the website they are advertising for selling it.
                      Hacked on 9/9/09
                      FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

Yes the necklace is attached to the body armor so you actually get a body piece I believe. It is also able to warp party members with you it looks like.

"...including the ability to project phantasmal robes over the wearer's body..."
                        But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                        God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                        ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Omniblast View Post
                          I noticed on the video on this that the player who has the necklace has a different type of body armor than normal, and you can clearly see a necklace glowing in the center of their chest.

Does the necklace force you to wear a different type of body armor or does it unequip your body armor for that brown body armor?

The video is on the website they are advertising for selling it.
                          The Talisman is a Body equip:

Now, like I said earlier, cue . . .

Originally posted by Yellow Mage View Post
                          all the inevitable doujins
                          GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

Comment

It Gives 2 Defense. HOLY SHIT!
                            ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Well, if people want to pay for it go ahead I guess, I can't justify spending that much on it though.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

You know I've admitted that I have an "issue" with games and collectibles. I know I buy WAY too much of both. In fact, I just got ANOTHER Okami (stares at Feba) and Mario Party 8 for the Wii the other day. Also got a "care" package from Japan with some FFXI key fobs, Bleach key fobs, moogle plushie, and some game related lanyards and stuff. I'm bad.....I know I'm bad..........but I'm NOT this bad!

Seriously, hit me upside the head with a 2x4 if I buy this cause I'll deserve it. (I put it in this thread because it came in my email with a reminder to pre-order a Tidal Talisman before Sept. 1st)

Comment

Working...
                                X